Heidelberg offers innovative solutions for the growing label market with its Gallus brand.
Heidelberg is one of the world’s leading providers of industrial, digital and offset printing solutions for commercial, packaging and label printing companies. Heidelberg has expanded its range of label printing solutions with its Gallus brand, an acknowledged manufacturer of label printing equipment based in Switzerland. Heidelberg now offers a comprehensive product portfolio that supports label printers with digital and conventional equipment for success in the growing label market.
Gallus Screeny printing plates are used to produce the rotary screen printing stencil. Processing is similar to other photopolymer printing plates used for letterpress and flexo printing. All work steps are clearly defined and can be performed rapidly with a few simple aids. Less than 30 minutes is required to go from the repro film to the ready-to-use printing stencil.
Consistently high quality, a wide selection, and maximum availability provide the basis for high economic efficiency in prepress.
1. Screeny printing plates are supplied in protective packaging. Many different kinds can be stored in a minimum of space.
2. The film is punched with register holes.
3. The Screeny printing plate is cut to the required size and punched with register holes.
4. The protective foil is removed before positioning the film.
5. When imaging under high vacuum, the very finest motifs are transferred with minimal loss of detail.
6. The photopolymer is developed using water that is free from chemical additives.
7. Brief drying with hot air before continuing with the next steps.
8. The printing plate is mounted by sealing the ends.
9. Attachment of the stencil rings produces a stable impression cylinder.
Digital UV direct imaging in prepress – Screeny direct UV imaging using Lüscher CtP unit
Conventional Screeny screen printing plates can be imaged in the print shop’s existing digital workflow, for example using a CtP unit from Lüscher AG. Lüscher equipment enables the CtP workflow to be extended beyond existing printing methods to screen printing.
An analog film is no longer required, conventional imaging of the screen printing plates is no longer necessary.
Lüscher units can be equipped with various types of laser diodes (405 nm, 830 nm, 940 nm) at the same time.
This enables the following printing plates to be imaged:
The integrated (and also retrofittable) Gallus Screeny register system guarantees the perfect register in the printing process.
It can be raised or lowered pneumatically if necessary. The Screeny printing plates are fixed using a vacuum system.
Direct imaging by laser
1. Print data, processed using workflow software.
2. An analog film is no longer necessary.
3. The Screeny printing plate is cut to the required size and punched with register holes. The protective foil is removed.
4. The Screeny is imaged in the Lüscher unit using a UV laser.
5. Conventional imaging is not necessary.
Thanks to the use of an LAMS layer, Screeny Digital can be imaged in the print shop’s existing digital flexographic workflow, for example using a Cyrel Digital Imager (CDI) from Esko. This type of equipment enables the CtP workflow to be extended beyond flexographic printing to screen printing. No additional investment in equipment is necessary. An analog film is no longer needed.
4. The Screeny Digital is imaged using a CtP unit, e.g. Esko CDI.
5. Imaging, vacuum is no longer necessary.
6. The photopolymer is developed and the LAMS layer is removed using water that is free from chemical additives.
As an integrated solution provider, we support our customers with unparalleled screen printing expertise. Our screen printing specialists are at your service for any questions you might have:
We look forward to your message. In order to be able to react quickly to your request, we need some information. *These fields are required.