Heidelberg presents new growth strategy – significant improvement in sales and result targeted in period to 2022
- Strategic focus on technology leadership, digital transformation, and operational excellence
- Group targets for 2022 defined and underpinned with specific measures:
- Targeted increase in sales to around €3 billion, in EBITDA to €250–300 million, and in net profit after taxes to over €100 million
- Initial strategic measures already implemented– two acquisitions (DOCUFY / Fujifilm coatings & pressroom chemicals in EMEA) and enhanced efficiency
- Presentation of annual financial statements for 2016/17 confirms targets achieved
At today’s Annual Press Conference for 2016/17, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg) is underlining its aspirations to further strengthen the company’s trailblazing position in the printing press sector with the presentation of a new corporate strategy. The company’s Management Board is presenting “Heidelberg goes digital!” – a package of measures for the years ahead with a strategic focus on technology leadership, digital transformation, and operational excellence. Following the successful turnaround with a return to sustained profitability, Heidelberg will now also be aiming for continuous growth. Group sales of around €3 billion are being targeted with a large number of specific measures in the period to 2022. The company has set its sights on a further significant improvement in profitability, with EBITDA of €250 to 300 million and a net profit after taxes of over €100 million. Sales in financial year 2016/17 were just over €2.5 billion, EBITDA at €179 million and the net result after taxes at €36 million.
“Over the next five years, Heidelberg will once again become a leading light in the sector, enjoying strong growth and profits. We’ve defined the relevant success factors and have already introduced initial measures. This marks the start of a new era of growth for Heidelberg,” said the company’s CEO Rainer Hundsdörfer.