Obtain an offer

Passion for pharmaceutical packaging – growth with new machine generation


  • Papierwerk Landshut Mittler has been producing high-quality folding cartons for decades
  • New 2020 generation Speedmaster XL 75 from Heidelberg and new MK Diana Smart 115 ensure top quality with increased productivity
  • Reduced washup time thanks to Wash Assistant with artificial intelligence

Papierwerk Landshut Mittler (plm), whose high-quality packagings are found the world over, can be summed up in three words: quality, reliability, and passion. Targeting further growth, the company was the first folding carton printer last year to invest in a Speedmaster XL 75-7+L from the new 2020 generation. A new Diana Smart 115 folder gluer from the partner MK Masterwork completed the investment in the latest packaging solutions from Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg). Using state-of-the-art and innovative technologies makes it possible to combine top quality and high productivity.

“To enable us to produce the best folding cartons for our customers, we’re constantly on the lookout for the most innovative equipment,” explains Günther Berninghaus, the third generation of the family to manage plm. “Our slogan “Beyond the box” says so too, and we’re proud that we’re still independent.” The trained letterpress printer and printing engineer has worked in the company for 40 years, and says he has “always invested in the right machines.” plm has been in existence since 1914, with medium-sized pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland accounting for 80 percent of its production. The remaining 20 percent is split between folding cartons for cosmetics and general consumer goods. plm also works with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical manufacturer to develop and produce complex color guides to guarantee globally harmonized production.

Since 1996, the company has been based in Wörth an der Isar – where it has enough space for both a structured production process and further growth. “We have always focused on one site, where we maintain a high level of productivity. What’s more, we invest heavily in our own training and are proud of our rate of ten percent,” says Günther Berninghaus in explaining his recipe for success. And there is one other special thing about plm: almost half of the 134 employees are women.

Partnership with Heidelberg as a win-win situation
Modern workstation and increased productivity
Team spirit and good collaboration
Further information


Hilde Weisser
Public Relations Officer, Trade Press Tel.: +49 (0)6222 82 67971
Fax.: +49 (0)6222 82 9967971

How can we help you?

We look forward to your message. In order to be able to react quickly to your request, we need some information. *These fields are required.