Obtain an offer

Vale unveils its B2 expansion plan with Drupa purchase

07/06/2016

Huge success following its move into B2 two years ago has led Vale Press back to Heidelberg and to the purchase of a Speedmaster XL 75-5 with Inpress Control.

The Evesham company has two Speedmaster SX 74s but the need to handle heavier stocks (the XL 75 handles up to 0.8mm thick stocks) and to achieve the faster makeready and higher output attainable with Inpress Control has led them to purchase the XL 75.

Three Stowe brothers (Tom, managing director; Edward, sales director; and Oliver, operations director) were out in Dusseldorf for three days. They anticipate this press giving them an additional 30% productivity compared to previous technology. It will be delivered by the year end.

“Quite often we bring customers with us to a show but this time we are confident that we are buying a press that meets their needs. The Heidelberg brand gives them confidence; 80% are trade customers and the remaining 20% include fine art galleries where quality counts. Four-fifths or our work is four-colour and varnish but there is some demand still for special colours so the five-colour configuration works for us.

“We needed the XL75 technology so that we could have Inpress Control and this second generation spectral device will significantly reduce makeready times and waste and will allow us to control colour on the run. We are also very impressed by the new Wallscreen 2 and Intellistart 2 which gives operators an edge in maximising the effectiveness of the press.”

The new press is being financed by Compass which was represented for this deal by Jamie Nelson.

Heidelberg supplies the company’s consumables, prepress, press and most of its postpress. The company offers extensive finishing in-house including laminating, spot UV, glueing and die-cutting which allows it to have close control and also speed of turnaround.

Vale Press was set up in 1894 and today still has a strong family feel. The three brothers, Tom’s wife and the other brothers’ girlfriends as well as their father (the founder) and mother have roles in the business alongside the rest of a 40 strong team.

For further information please contact:

Diana Thompson, Plus Point PR Ltd, on 01494-817178
Or
Matt Rockley, Heidelberg UK, on 07899-662986
Or
Tom Stowe, Vale Press, on 07917-610490.

Contact Heidelberg Great Britain

We look forward to your message. In order to be able to react quickly to your request, we need some information.

*These fields are required.