Obtain an offer

Colour match is key to H&H Reeds Printers’ switch to Linoprint CP press

23/10/2015

Two Xerox machines will make way for a Heidelberg Linoprint CP digital press next week at H&H Reeds Printers, a printer based in Penrith in the Lake District.

“Colour calibration and connectivity was key to our decision,” says managing director Andy Jackson. “The new Heidelberg Digital Front End was convincing. It means our digital printing will be totally Prinect integrated and will match the litho side. Although there is no ISO colour standard for digital, Heidelberg will calibrate the new press to our own in-house standard and we believe the colour match will enable customers to switch work between technologies with confidence and with the knowledge that work is produced to give them the optimum value.”

The 6 A4 page or 4 page A4 landscape options will also be popular formats, the company believes. The eight staff currently using Prinect workflows welcome the opportunity to work with technology which has the same look and feel.

Although the business operates 24 hours a day, the new 110 pages per minute digital press will initially only run days. In the future there is the possibility that litho operators will be trained to run the Linoprint so that digital work can be handled overnight when necessary.

The company runs a Speedmaster XL 74-4+L litho machine and it is a regular investor. Last year it upgraded to a Polar 78N to run alongside its remaining Polar 115. It was also an early adopter of Prinect Postpress Manager.

H&H Reeds Printers serves a comprehensive market, from councils and local government through to large and small independent customers. Tourism is one important market locally and regional business accounts for 80% of the printers’ work, the remaining 20% from national accounts. It produces everything from business cards to 500,000 run colour leaflets and magazine work.

For further information please contact:

Diana Thompson, Plus Point PR Ltd, on 01494-817178
Or
Chris Matthews, Heidelberg UK, on 07827 937069
Or
Andy Jackson, H&H Reeds Printers, on 01768-864214.

Contact Heidelberg Great Britain

We look forward to your message. In order to be able to react quickly to your request, we need some information.

*These fields are required.