Buckle plate folding units: Top fold accuracy and short setup times
The Stahlfolder BH buckle plate folders offer maximum flexibility for most different folding applications. The single folding units are mobile and can be positioned depending on the fold type. Thanks to the uniform MCT control system of Heidelberg a Stahlfolder BH configuration can also be combined with other Stahlfolder components like modern delivery systems or a mobile knife fold unit.
- Folding roller drive: The external folding roller drive is equipped with hardened and helically toothed gears, thus providing an extremely precise and nonslip transportation of sheets. The fold quality remains continuously high during the complete production run.
- Manual or motor-driven adjustment of folding rollers: the setting of the folding roller gaps is available either manually with the proven FESTA settings or motorized.
Cross-fold unit: optimum capacity on little space
- Cross-fold configurations: The Stahlfolder CH machines are available in the cross-fold variants KL, KTL or – with a working width of 78 centimeters - also as KLL or KTLL version.
- Folding knife: The folding knife is released by a light sensor which is activated by the trailing sheet edge, thus avoiding misfolded sheets in the delivery. The reinforced knife version ensures a long service life and constantly high fold quality. The segmentation of the first folding knife even allows for a processing of small formats with minimum sheet gap.
- Ergonomic operation: The cross-fold unit is equipped with a central control panel which is mounted on a swivel arm. It allows for an easy operation and good accessibility to all adjustable parts in the cross-fold unit.
Cross-fold unit KT in working width 56
The cross-fold unit of the Stahlfolder CH 56 KT auto with motor-driven buckle plate after the folding knife is completely automated – the first time in format range 50 × 70 cm. After entering the job data at the touchscreen all necessary parameters take their positions in a motorized way, both in parallel and in cross-fold section. This reduces your setup times. In larger circulations you score with the constant high output of the Stahlfolder CH 56 KT auto. This makes you very successful also with a hybrid job structure consisting of small runs from digital presses and larger circulations from conventional offset presses.