Successful decoration makes products stand out from the crowd. Labels serve a multitude of purposes in this respect:
- Marketing: Product advertising geared towards specific target groups to ensure products stand out on the sales shelves.
- Information: Details required by law relating to contents and expiry date together with the manufacturer’s details.
- Logistics functions: Product tracking for the retail trade.
- Security function: Protection against mix-ups, counterfeiting and theft.
- Technical function: Sealing, re-sealing and protection from light.
Different market segments place different demands on labels. The manufacturing process and material selected depend on how long the label needs to last and the product application.