Hard to beat.
Packaging — particularly folding cartons — is generally produced in an industrial and highly automated process. Time savings in production have a huge impact on efficiency and thus margins. Solutions from Heidelberg for the packaging industry can cut job changes on a press to five minutes.
Just-in-time production and the continuing trend toward shorter runs, combined with shrinking revenues, present today’s print shops with enormous challenges. Lean production processes and highly automated, high-performance presses are thus key conditions for safeguarding competitiveness in industrial packaging printing in particular. The unique combination of state-of-the-art software and automation components makes it possible to cut job changes on the press to as little as five minutes. Prinect from Heidelberg is the industry’s only print shop workflow that integrates and manages the entire print production process. It covers everything from print shop management, online customer access, structural design, and prepress workflow to color management, makeready optimization, machine control, color, and quality. Prinect automates the entire printing process and boosts your print shop’s profitability while also offering complete production and cost transparency at all times. It therefore lays the foundations for the automated print production of the future.
Heidelberg has now automated the most productive press in its format class even further with newly developed components, making it even more productive. The intelligent interplay of the automation components enables cost-effective production for all applications, whether the runs are long or short. The key element here is the patented process- and job-oriented assistance system Intellistart 2, which acts like a navigation system to show the fastest way to achieve the desired result.
Hycolor Multidrive supports makeready processes running in parallel. Together with the new Autoplate XL 2 plate changer, it is now possible to wash inking units, blankets, and impression cylinders and change plates simultaneously and fully automatically. Makeready times for complex job changes are thus also minimized and managed in the shortest possible time — it takes just five minutes from the last sheet of one run to printing the next job.
And after printing? Along with the postpress solutions from premium partner Masterwork, Heidelberg offers a wide product portfolio in die cutting, hot foil embossing, folding carton gluing, and offline inspection in all performance classes.
The key features in 15 seconds
Heidelberg offers the packaging industry a portfolio of solutions that optimize and automate processes to increase efficiency dramatically. For example:
Speedmaster XL 106 with highly automated components such as:
- Intellistart™ 2 with the Intelliguide visual process management system for fast, reliable job changes
- Fully automatic plate changes for printing and coating units
- Inking unit washing alongside other makeready processes
- Prinect Inpress Control 2 controls color and register automatically
- Fully automatic nonstop devices on the feeder and delivery, ensuring uninterrupted pile changes
Prinect Packaging Workflow
- Complete integration of all parts of a print shop
- Transparency and cost control
- Low paper waste and short setup times
- Color fidelity and quality — can be reproduced at any time
- Smart automation
Postpress solutions from Masterwork
- Reliability thanks to Heidelberg know-how and service
- Attractive price/performance ratio
- Solutions for die cutting, hot foil embossing, folding carton gluing, and offline inspection