Speedmaster XL 106-5+L LE UV. Production output doubled with ease.
“The trend is definitely towards uncoated substrates and products that are more challenging, but also more difficult to produce. So Heidelberg’s LE UV technology came at just the right time,” reports Nicolas Hesse, Managing Director of L’Ormont. “We already had two Speedmaster XL 75 presses, but saw we needed to invest in a larger format and in UV technology to deal with the increased demand from our customers,” continues Nicolas Hesse. “We replaced our XL 75 four-color press with a Speedmaster XL 106-5+L with LE UV in April 2015. It enabled us to double our production output,” says Francis Bianchi, Technical Manager at L’Ormont, enthusiastically, before going on to explain: “The LE UV technology lets us target new markets and handle embellishment work in-house instead of outsourcing it as in the past. Our innovative product range means that we can now set ourselves further apart from the competition. Transparent papers, creative papers, synthetic substrates with aluminum lamination, magnetic substrates … we can now print all of these materials with ease with LE UV.”
L’Ormont is part of the Imprifrance Group and has been awarded both the Imprim’Vert quality seal and PEFC certification. The company has 43 employees. The commercial printing segment accounts for 65 percent of orders, with the remaining 35 percent coming from the packaging segment. Due to the strong demand, the Speedmaster XL 106 runs in three-shift operation. As part of the machine investment program, the site was expanded from 1,000 to 2,000 m2. This provided the perfect opportunity to optimize how production was organized and create sufficient space for future developments.
“The operators have a healthy working environment, because there is no dust generated and no ozone and odor emissions. Instant postpress also enables us to greatly shorten our job throughput times,” says Francis Bianchi. “The LE UV technology has had a very positive effect on the company. It is motivating us to push past our boundaries and be more creative. By doing so we have won new customers and developed new projects with our existing customers,”adds Nicolas Hesse. “The possibilities are huge. It is very exciting to be able to look towards the future with such positivity and to have tangible growth potential we can plan around. We have the perfect equipment for this: a versatile and fast press with technical benefits that guarantee us industrial efficiency and outstanding quality.”
Video L`Ormont Imprimeur (French)
L'Ormont Imprimeur, France
Speedmaster XL-Technologie sets the standards in the production of inmold labels with rotary die cutter Speedmaster XL 106-D. More
Make the most of your Speedmaster by using the Star System More
Ecology begins with the purchase of the machine, which is why we offer all machines CO2 neutral. More
Fast profit, short runthrough times and high gloss points. More
We look forward to your message. In order to be able to react quickly to your request, we need some information. *These fields are required.