Reliable, flawless printed sheets.
Prinect Inspection Control 2.
Inline Sheet Inspection for Maximum Security in the Printing Process
Top quality requires highly accurate control. Even the smallest printing errors can result in considerable costs and harm the print shop's image. Packaging printing for pharmaceutical products and branded goods, label printing and the printing of security documents in particular require stable and reliable production of the highest quality standards.
Designed for the Speedmaster® XL 106, Speedmaster® CX 102 and Speedmaster® XL 75 series, the Prinect Inspection Control inline sheet inspection system seamlessly controls and documents the entire print run. The automated early warning system ensures the maximum possible security in the printing process - at any speed. Prinect Inspection Control identifies and reports print errors before they can generate any follow-up costs. This puts an end to costly manual quality assurance measures or expensive reprinting of the whole run due to minor printing errors.
In order to fulfill different customer requirements, Heidelberg offers two inspection systems:
- Prinect Inspection Control/RGB: the early-warning system that ensures maximum production reliability for packaging and commercial printers with color inspection.
- Prinect Inspection Control/PDF: the customized inline inspection solution for pharmaceutical printers with PDF comparison.
Particularly in packaging and label printing, guaranteeing the quality of a printed product is not just a matter of correct inking. Printing errors need to be identified at an early stage in order to ensure there are no complaints.
Prinect Inspection Control 2 delivers top performance when it comes to sheet inspection. Two high-resolution color cameras in the coating unit of the press fully check each sheet for material defects, hickeys, ink splashes, scumming and so on to prevent follow-up costs. The blower air-assisted optimized sheet guidance permits a comprehensive inspection right up to the trailing sheet edge.
The new Operating Assistant, in conjunction with the Prinect workflow, enables a rapid, straightforward setup process on the Wallscreen XL. Hardly any of the settings are manual.
- Two high-resolution color cameras for precise inspection in the coating unit quickly and reliably detect even the smallest print errors such as hickeys, missing print, streaks and scratches
- Low-vibration, stable integration in the coating unit
- Cameras and lenses are perfectly protected
- Maintenance-free LED light source
- Blower air-assisted sheet guidance for a high inspection standard right to the trailing sheet edge
- Comprehensive inspection reports in Analyze Point
- Each printed sheet is compared with the reference sheet The printer is alerted as soon as errors are detected
- If the system identifies a flaw, the InsertStar tape inserter integrated into the delivery automatically marks the beginning and the end of the waste sheet
Shortest makeready times
- Automatic loading of job data in conjunction with Operating Assistant for shorter setup times
- Automated transfer of inspection areas and test tolerances from prepress to the Prinect workflow
- Automatic checking of the printed sheet against PDF files from Prinect prepress
- Easy setup directly on the Wallscreen XL in conjunction with the Operating Assistant
- Direct transfer of results from Prinect Inspection Control 2 to the Prinect Press Center XL 2 high-performance control station. The cutting-edge image processing software displays the errors on the sheet clearly and on a large scale on the Wallscreen XL, ensuring ideal prerequisites for rapid error analysis and assessment by the printer
- All other operating functions can also be controlled via the Wallscreen XL. These include setting multiple inspection areas, the overview and zoom function, and the error history using thumbnails. The option of choosing between five tolerance levels means inspection quality can be perfectly geared to different customer requirements