- Sheeter for economical reel stock
- Processes reel stock with grammages ranging from 40 to 300 gsm and web widths from 480 to 1,060 millimeters (18.90 to 41.73 inches, depending on the press)
– easy handling of reel ends
– CutStar display indicates the length of printing stock remaining on the reelBulletpoint 3: Short makeready times thanks to high level of automation
- Easy access to infeed rollers and knives
- Quick and easy disconnection for excellent flexibility
- CutStar 106 supports foils as thin as 50 microns (0.0020 inches) – of particular interest to foil printers (e.g. inmold labels)
The Sheeter that Minimizes Printing Stock Costs.
The CutStar shortgrain sheeter combines the lower costs of web offset with the flexibility of sheetfed offset. It is installed directly in front of the feeder. The printing stock is unwound from the reel, cut to the required format in the sheeter, and then shingled. The stream of shingled stock is then fed into the feeder for a cost saving of up to 15 percent. With special printing materials such as foils or aluminized paper, the saving is often even greater.
During job changes, you can disconnect CutStar from the feeder at the touch of a button. The press can then continue working in sheetfed mode. The high level of automation, the CAN connection, and the control panel adapted to the press make CutStar extremely easy to operate.